2013 Transition Workshop & Job Fair
Posted on February 12, 2013 | By Rona Aquino | Leave a response
The 2013 Transition Workshop and Job Fair was held February 7-8 at Linthicum, Maryland. The event fostered connections between SAME Sustaining Member Companies and DOD agencies with more than 60 experienced professionals. Twenty one companies were in attendance to recruit for open job positions.
Attendees gained valuable tips and job hunting tactics with informative workshops like Types of Positions in Private Sector A/E/C Companies, Panel on Recent Transition Experience and Tips on Interviews and Resumes. The two-day, sold out event included one-by-one Job Seeker and Company Introductions which allowed participants to work the stage for a minute or two and attract their targeted employers and employees. After the workshops, job seekers visited company recruitment suites for a more in-depth dialogue.
See the complete 2013 Transition Workshop Program here.
SAME Executive Director Robert D. “Bob” Wolff, Ph.D., P.E., F.SAME, and Col. Edward C. Gibson, F.SAME, USA (Ret.), President, 21 Delta Search, served as moderators.
Panel speakers and workshop leaders included:
- Anthony F. “Tony” Leketa, P.E., F.SAME, SES (Ret.), Executive Vice President, Parsons Government Services, SAME President
- Brian K. Moore, P.E., LEED AP, Vice President, The Louis Berger Group Inc.
- Maj. Gen. Jeffrey J. Dorko, USA (Ret.) Director, Office of Federal Disaster Coordination, Office of Response and Recovery, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Jonathan S. Weaver, P.E., PMP, TRIRIGA Program Manager, U.S. Department of Justice; and
- John L. Whisler Jr., P.E., Assoc AIA, LEED AP, Vice President, Engineering and Construction, KS International LLC.
See the 2013 Transition Workshop & Job Fair slideshow below:
Take advantage of more professional development and networking events by going to www.same.org/calendar.