SBC Headed to The Big Easy: Nov. 4-6, 2015
Posted on August 3, 2015 | By Stephen Karl
August has arrived, and that means we are just three months away from the 2015 SAME Small Business Conference for Federal Engineering, Construction & Environmental Programs!
SBC is the premier event for small businesses looking to increase their presence and performance in the federal A/E/C marketplace; for large businesses to engage with potential teaming partners; and for government agencies to connect with small businesses that can help them achieve their federally mandated contracting goals.
The 2015 SBC is being held in New Orleans, La., Aug. 4-6, at the New Orleans Convention Center. This year’s conference, 10 years after Hurricane Katrina, will feature key connections to that history-changing event, including a technical tour of the Hurricane and Storm Damage Risk Reduction System and a keynote address by Lt. Gen. Russel Honore, USA (Ret.), who was Commander of Joint Task Force Katrina in the aftermath of the storm.
This year’s SBC also will again include an unmatched program of government agencies being represented, including all U.S. Army Corps of Engineers districts and research centers, the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, the Department of Energy, the Department of Commerce, General Services Administration, U.S. Public Health Service, Small Business Administration, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Each of these agencies has diverse responsibilities, and need support for A/E/C projects around the world—from bridges to barracks, medical centers to nuclear research facilities. These agencies will be sharing insight into what support they need from small businesses to help complete their missions and meet their federally mandated small business contracting goals.
If you are a small business committed to supporting national security and competing for work in the federal marketplace, or a large or medium-sized business looking for teaming partners and subcontractors, then you need to attend the 2015 SAME Small Business Conference.
In addition to the business opportunity briefings, SBC offers so much more, including tailored education sessions, networking receptions, a technical tour and an exhibit hall, making it an invaluable event for the A/E/C industry to attend.
- Two dynamic keynote speakers: Lt. Gen. Russel Honore, USA (Ret.), Commander of Joint Task Force Katrina, and David Nour, a renowned strategist and thought leader on the topic of business relationships.
- 20 total hours of government agency business opportunity briefings.
- Regulatory update from Small Business Administration leadership.
- Technical tour of the Greater New Orleans Hurricane and Storm Damage Risk Reduction System. (NOTE: tour is Tuesday, Nov. 3)
- More than 200 exhibitors in the SBC Exhibit Hall.
- Ice Breaker reception in the Exhibit Hall.
- Tailored education sessions for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels of experience in small business contracting.
- Presentations from top leaders of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and other military engineering agencies.
- Matched networking sessions, bringing together public and private sector individuals for close-knit conversation and information-sharing.
- Small Business Passport—tour the Exhibit Hall and get stamped at participating booths to be entered into a prize drawing.
- Onsite training sessions provided by the Construction Management Association of America.
For a day-by-day schedule of the 2015 SBC, click here. (NOTE: schedule is currently in draft form…subject to change)
The 2015 SAME Small Business Conference is being held in New Orleans, La., Aug. 4-6, at the New Orleans Convention Center.
For more details on the 2015 SBC, including to register to attend, exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, and travel/lodging information, visit www.same.org/sbc.
See you in The Big Easy!!