P3 Bootcamp Coming to 2018 Capital Week
Posted on January 17, 2018 | By Stephen Karl
SAME, in partnership with National Council for Public-Private Partnerships, will present the P3 Bootcamp during the 2018 SAME Capital Week in North Bethesda, Md., March 7. The workshop will give attendees proven strategies for successful public-private partnerships (P3).
Public-private partnerships, which are a contractual arrangement between a public agency (federal, state or local) and a private sector entity, are considered a catalyst for growth. Of the approaches benefits, through an agreement, the skills and assets of each party (public and private) are shared in delivering a service or facility for the use of the general public. In addition to the sharing of resources, each party shares in the risks and rewards.
Topics to be Covered
The Framework of P3s
• What is a P3?
• Reasons to consider a P3.
• Understanding what a P3 can and cannot do.
• Sectors where P3s are used.
Taking the First Steps
• Preparing the agency.
• Identifying a P3 champion.
• Identifying and marshaling the resources required to implement a successful P3.
Identifying and Developing a P3 Project
• What attracts the private sector to P3 projects?
• Evaluating whether a project is a suitable candidate for a P3.
• Considering options for P3 approaches.
Ins and Outs of P3 Financing
• Key elements/issues/structures involved in financing a P3?
• What do equity investors and lenders look for in a project?
• What do practitioners need to see in a structure to make a deal work?
The Procurement Process
• Overview of the procurement process.
• The RFI, RFQ, and RFP processes.
• Negotiating the P3 agreement.
P3 Market Trends
• Where is the P3 market headed?
• What sectors are primed for P3 growth?
• How will the market trends affect your approach to projects?
Click here for more information, including to register. Private sector business attendees, register by February 5 and you save $50.
Held each March in the Washington, D.C. area, SAME Capital Week brings leading industry and government professionals together for the DOD & Federal Agency Program Briefings, Academy of Fellows Investiture, Golden Eagle Awards Dinner, and other SAME meetings and events.